Aloxy is looking for an IoT Engineer with a keen interest in the full Internet of Things (IoT) stack and the challenges this brings. Do you want to join our team of passionate developers working on next generation technology?
Aloxy (www.aloxy.io) is a young tech company with a fast growing team of 12 people that builds a modular industrial IoT platform for the process and chemical industry going from sensors, wireless communication and gateways to a backend platform and integration with customer systems. Our goal is to improve safety and efficiency, to automate processes and to deliver actionable insights into industrial operations. Our initial product-line offers a solution for manual valve position indication and maintenance progress monitoring. Aloxy is a spin-off of imec and Universiteit Antwerpen.
As an Embedded Engineer, you will be responsible for the firmware in our sensors and gateways. You will be working on the sensor processing part and/or the LPWAN network stacks (LoRaWAN and DASH7). The role is flexible, depending on your background or interests you can focus more on the sensor application, networking stack or gateway.
On a daily basis, you will be:
- Working on the design, implementation and testing of firmware for our expanding sensor portfolio (ARM Cortex M0+ / M4 based).
- Expand the automated test suite to cover more scenarios, integrate power consumption regression testing etc.
- Further develop our multi-modal gateway software (containing both microcontroller and embedded Linux)
- Cooperating with upstream open source projects like Zephyr, OSS-7;
What we are looking for
- You perform well in a dynamic team and enjoy the spirit of a startup company.
- You’re eager to learn and like a challenge.
- You’re persistent and willing to go the extra mile.
- You’re willing to explore and think outside the box.
- Tackling challenges is something you like to do.
- You have a background in embedded programming and knowledge of software development and IT in general
- Optional experience or interest in LPWAN networking protocols
What you can expect
We offer you a challenging and entrepreneurial environment in which you will be working on the latest IoT technology in the heart of Antwerp. Out of our headquarters in The Beacon, the IoT hotspot with a marvellous lookout on “De Schelde”, you will join a team of passionate and crazy developers working on next generation technology for industrial environments.
As an employer, Aloxy will offer you an attractive compensation and benefits package including extralegal benefits, a pension plan and flexible working hours.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, please contact Carl Stevens <email@example.com>.