Aloxy is looking for an IoT Engineer with a keen interest in the full Internet of Things (IoT) stack and the challenges this brings. Do you want to join our team of passionate developers working on next generation technology?
Aloxy (www.aloxy.io) is a young tech company with a fast growing team of 12 people that builds a modular industrial IoT platform for the process and chemical industry going from sensors, wireless communication and gateways to a backend platform and integration with customer systems. Our goal is to improve safety and efficiency, to automate processes and to deliver actionable insights into industrial operations. Our initial product-line offers a solution for manual valve position indication and maintenance progress monitoring. Aloxy is a spin-off of imec and Universiteit Antwerpen.
As an IoT Engineer, you will be responsible for the IoT network components and the integration hereof in the Aloxy IIoT Hub. More specifically, you will be working on integrating existing LoRaWAN network servers and gateways in our IIoT Hub. You need to become an expert in the LoRaWAN and DASH7 specifications and the network server's implementation and operation within a Kubernetes environment. You will be working closely together with internal backend and firmware developers, sensor vendors, network server vendors, IoT specification working groups and open source communities. The role is flexible, depending on your background or interests you can focus more on the networking, gateway or backend side.
On a daily basis, you will be:
- Designing, maintaining and monitoring the integration of LPWAN network servers in our IIoT Hub.
- Following up LPWAN specification and upstream network server implementation developments and participate in this.
- Designing, scaling, maintaining and monitoring the integration of network servers in our IIoT Hub.
- Further develop our multi-modal gateway software.
- Cooperating with upstream open source projects like ChirpStack, The Things Stack, Eclipse Hono, OSS-7;
- Hands-on testing with different sensors and gateway infrastructure
What we are looking for
- You perform well in a dynamic team and enjoy the spirit of a startup company.
- You’re eager to learn and like a challenge.
- You’re persistent and willing to go the extra mile.
- You’re willing to explore and think outside the box.
- Tackling challenges is something you like to do.
- You have a background or large interest in wireless networking and knowledge of software development and IT in general
What you can expect
We offer you a challenging and entrepreneurial environment in which you will be working on the latest IoT technology in the heart of Antwerp. Out of our headquarters in The Beacon, the IoT hotspot with a marvellous lookout on “De Schelde”, you will join a team of passionate and crazy developers working on next generation technology for industrial environments.
As an employer, Aloxy will offer you an attractive compensation and benefits package including extralegal benefits, a pension plan and flexible working hours.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, please contact Carl Stevens <firstname.lastname@example.org>.