Aloxy is looking for a Software Engineer with a keen interest in the full Internet of Things (IoT) stack and the challenges this brings. Do you want to join our team of passionate developers working on next generation technology?
Aloxy (www.aloxy.io) is a young tech company with a fast growing team of 8 people that builds a modular industrial IoT platform for the process and chemical industry going from sensors, wireless communication and gateways to a backend platform and integration with customer systems. Our goal is to improve safety and efficiency, to automate processes and to deliver actionable insights into industrial operations. Our initial product-line offers a solution for manual valve position indication and maintenance progress monitoring. Aloxy is a spin-off of imec and Universiteit Antwerpen.
As a backend developer, you and the development team will be responsible for improving the IoT platform and optimising its deployment and operations. You will be closing the gap between hardware and software, working closely together with colleagues who are working on low bandwidth wireless protocols and performance limited gateways. Furthermore, you will be occasionally in contact with the customer to integrate with existing industrial standards and platforms such as the factories’ Distributed Control System (DCS).
On a daily basis, you will be:
- Designing and implementing scalable microservices in a distributed environment
- Using messaging technologies (e.g., AMQP, MQTT)
- Developing an HTTP API
- Using microservices with docker and Kubernetes
- Using CI/CD, git and other DevOps tools
- Cooperating with upstream open source projects
- Developing a basic frontend functionality (e.g., Angular)
What we are looking for
- You have a bachelor or master in electronics, ICT or similar
- You just finished your studies or have up to 10 years of professional experience
- You perform well in a dynamic team and enjoy the spirit of a startup company
- You’re eager to learn and like a challenge
- You’re persistent and willing to go the extra mile
- You’re willing to explore and think outside the box
- Tackling challenges is something you like to do
What you can expect
We offer you a challenging and entrepreneurial environment in which you will be working on the latest IoT technology in the heart of Antwerp. Out of our headquarters in The Beacon, the IoT hotspot with a marvellous lookout on “De Schelde”, you will join a team of passionate and crazy developers working on next generation technology for industrial environments.
As an employer, Aloxy will offer you an attractive compensation and benefits package including extralegal benefits, a pension plan and flexible working hours.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, please contact Carl Stevens <firstname.lastname@example.org>.